Doge Francesco Foscari Kneeling before the Lion of St. Mark
Image View Description:
Porta della Carta
Work Type 2:
Creator Variant Name:
ca. 1400-ca. 1464
Copy from 1885 by Giovanni Ferrari detto Torretto, after Bon's original. The original sculpture was destroyed in 1797 Napoleonic invasion, and only the face of the Doge remains.
Photography by the Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History and Archaeology