Qasr al-’Ishshah

facade of “Dar Dawil” (oldest section), facing inner courtyard

Creator: 

Creator Role: 

Date: 

ca. 1890

Location: 

Location 2: 

Geographic Coordinates: 

Latitude: 16.055330000000
Longitude: 49.000167000000

Work Type: 

Notes: 

Note the first floor garage additions--the al-Kaf family were the first to bring automobiles to the Valley. Multiple phases, from the 1890s to the 1930s. Dar Dawil section likely predates the 1890s. Later construction designed by 'Alawi Abu Bakr al-Kaf with master masons Suleiman Afif and 'Umar Ya'amar; 2003 reconstruction program conducted by master masons Karami Faraj al-Tamur and 'Awad Ramadan Ba Mu'min.

Photographer: 

Image Date: 

2003