Ca' d'Oro

view of canal facade

Creator

Bon, Bartolomeo
Venetian
architect
ca. 1400-ca. 1464
Title Variant
Palazzo Santa Sofia
Date

ca. 1421-ca. 1438

Location

Geographic Coordinates
45.440704752059, 12.333321788091

Work Type

Notes

Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)Built on the site of a Veneto-Byzantine palazzo originally owned by the Zeno family, the Ca' d'Oro, so named due to the abundant gilding which originally adorned the facade, was built for Marino Contarini. Now houses the Franchetti Gallery.

From the Contarini family it passed through the Marcello, Loredan, and Bressa families to Prince Trubetzkoi, who gave it to the ballerina Taglioni (1847), to Baron Giorgio Franchetti (d. 1922) to the State (1916)

Culture

Image Source

Photography by the Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History and Archaeology