Porta della Carta
Creator Variant Name:
ca. 1400-ca. 1464
Piazza San Marco
Work Type 2:
Copy from 1885 by Giovanni Ferrari detto Torretto, after Bon's original. The original sculpture was destroyed in 1797 Napoleonic invasion, and only the face of the Doge remains.
Photography by the Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History and Archaeology
Orig. identified as ven_pia_s_marco_carta_det_3.jpg