Monastery of Saint John Stoudios, Imrahor Mosque
Image View Description:
Exterior: Northern Facade Detail
Originally built in the mid fifth century by the Roman Senator Stoudios, this sanctuary was intended as a Christian basilica. It was converted into a mosque in 1486 by Ilyas Bey and was destroyed in 1894.
Photography by Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University