Interior: View of Chapel of St. Sylvester
Chapel of St. Sylvester
Original church dates back to 4th or 5th century CE, which was burned to the ground during the Norman Sack of Rome (1086). New church was consecrated on 1116. Cloister was added in 13th century. Chapel of St. Sylvester was consecrated 1247.
Photography by Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History, Columbia University