Exterior: Eastern Elevation
Kefeli Camii, Kefeli Mosque
Original structure ca. 9th century-ca. 12th century
This mosque was formerly an Eastern Orthodox church until it was converted into a mosque in 1630 by the Grand Vizier Topal Recep Pasha under the rule of Murad IV. The origins of this basilica/mosque are unknown.
Photography by Media Center for Art History, Department of Art History and Archaeology, Columbia University