Interior: Courtyard now restored to Reading Room
Creator 2 Nationality:
Creator 2 Dates:
Creator 2 Role:
The building was designed and begun by Sansovino, who completed the first 16 arcaded bays between 1537 and 1553. In 1588 Scamozzi finished the work with an additional 5 bays that connected the library with the zecca (mint) on the embankment--also designed by Sansovino.