Palazzo dei Conservatori

Date
mid-16th century
Work Type
Style/Period

Facade redesigned by Michelangelo as part of his master design for the Piazza del Campidoglio, completed by Giacomo della Porta. The courtyard was expanded in 1720 with the construction of the portico, on the back wall; it was designed by Alessandro Specchi (1668-1729) to accommodate a group of sculptures from the Cesi collection

References

See Also
  • Row of fragments from colossus along right hand wall of the courtyard
  • Row of fragments from colossus along right hand wall of the courtyard
  • Left Foot Fragment
  • Installation View of fragments from the Colossus of Constantine along right wall of courtyard