Campo Sant'Aponal

    The deconsecrated church of Sant' Aponal was founded in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 15th century. On the facade above the round window is a worn relief of the Crucifix (14th century) with a tabernacle of the Crucifixion and episodes from the life of Christ (1294).
    - Lorenzetti, Venice and Its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide (Rome: Istituto Poligrafico dello Stato, 1961) as translated and with supplementary content by Taryn Marie Zarrillo, 2012/13