The Gerolamini Fathers served this church, and commissioned the present building. The plan is a Latin cross with a nave and flat ceiling in panels, preceded by an atrium over which is a choir gallery (barco). The church houses major works by Veronese, who was commissioned by the Prior of the Monastery beginning in 1555. Of major note is the ceiling decoration, which features three large panels depicting the story of Esther, and the main chapel featuring scenes from the life of St Sebastian. He is buried in this church.