Chiesa del Santissimo Redentore

    The church of the Redentore was built by order of the Senate as a votive temple after the end of the 1576 plague. The 3rd Sunday of ever July the Feast of the Redentore takes place with a floating platoon bridge erected across the Giudecca canal. The population of the city give thanks over the course of the feast. Planned on a Latin cross it has a Corinthian colonnade and a small dome.
    - Lorenzetti, Venice and Its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide (Rome: Istituto Poligrafico dello Stato, 1961) as translated and with supplementary content by Taryn Marie Zarrillo, 2012/13 - Lorenzetti, Venice and Its Lagoon: Historical-Artistic Guide (Rome: Istituto Poligrafico dello Stato, 1961) as translated and with supplementary content by Taryn Marie Zarrillo, 2012/13

    Architecture
    Italy
    Venice
    Chiesa del Redentore