Begun ca. 1137
The three sculpted portals of the west façade were put in place by Abbot Suger, around 1135-1140. The south portal shows the last communion of St. Dionysius, the patron saint of the abbey church, and his two companions, Rusticus and Eleutherius. The interior band of voussoirs shows further instances from the life of St. Dionysius, while the exterior shows angels with liturgical instruments. The jamb figures are all missing. The doorposts are carved with the labors of the month.