Parish of the former diocese of Clermont; confirmed to the possession of Souvigny by Pope Eugene II in 1152. The oldest part of the church appears to be the south aisle—note the signs of a lower roof level and the early looking windows. The south aisle butts up against the tower, the upper parts of which are post-medieval. At some point in the mid-twelfth century, an ambitious building program constructed the central vessel of the nave. The south aisle was then vaulted with a quadrant vault and the nave was intended for a longitudinal barrel vault. The church appears to have faced severe structural difficulties—the main barrel vault no longer exists and the arcade has been partially blocked. The north aisle has a wooden imitation of a quadrant vault.