Parish of the former diocese of Clermont; part of the episcopal manse; given by the bishop in 1095 to Souvigny; a priory existed here at the time. In the church the earliest masonry (11th century?) can be found in the outer walls of the nave and transept. This church presumably had a wooden roof. In the mid twelfth century piers were added and barrel vaults installed over the central vessel and aisles. Then around 1200 the two-bay apsed choir was extended to the east with its aisles and lateral apses .